Best sacd player

Anyone compared the new meitner gear to the modded sony scd-1 and the accuphase and esoteric gear?
nreddy
Nreddy: Percentages are tough. If I had to answer, I would say 75-80%, but how does one truly gauge it.

711smilin: Alex is on record stating that his mods are not as good as the EMM Labs gear, nothing is. I am truly happy you like the APL units, and they represent a terrific value at their pricepoint, but if you want to have the sound the EMM Labs produces, you will have to spend the money. :)
Jtinn, you have me on "record" that EMM is better? Where, when? If you refer to my statement about Meitner being absolutely the best out there, you should note the "all-solid-state" and "for whatever it is". Yes, for all-solid-state and for whatever it is, EMM is unbeatable.

I had both friends and unrelated customers to hear A-B test between DAC6e/SACD10000(highly modded and repaired by me) and the Denon 3910 here in my system.

I will not go into detail, but there are many customers waiting to receive their Denon 3910 now. Few of them have already scheduled a shootout with DCC2/CDSD so the "details" of how EMM compares to the Denon will be out in a couple of months and will come from completely unrelated to me people.

Regards,
Alex
Alex, have you been over to Oneobgyn's house for a listed to his system? I would love to hear your modded 3910 in his system and to do a A/B with his CDSD/DAC6e combo. If you have, I am wondering what were your impressions. If you have not, I would like to arrange a session with you.

As an aside, I have not yet had a chance to schedule an A/B session with you re the dcs stack but I hope to shortly.

Regards,
Ron
Ron, I have heard the DAC6e/SACD1000 combo here in my own system. A very generous customer of mine actually sent me his DAC6e/SACD1000 for a test. In my system, the differences were subtle with SACD and more noticeable with CD.

I'd rather not give details about my impressions but I would love to arrange a listening session with EMM and eventually the dCS. I will probably have a demo 3910 in about 2 weeks from now. Believe it or not, I still do not have my own 3910...:-)

Regards,
Alex