3-way under 1000 new.

Looking to buy a 3way speakers that is under $1000 new. I like jazz, blues, and classical. Are there any out there for this price point? I see most of the good ones start around $1500. I have an all tube system if that helps in the advise.

thanks
tube777
Thanks for the advice, I have heard good things about the 2ce's but their so dang big. I have thought about the 1c's ( even though their 2-way ) anyone ever listened to these? Nut much into building my own cabinets, but if I was I'm sure I could imporve my sound quite well for few $$$.

Haven't heard about Triangle, Axiom, or Energy, but I will check them out.
Tube777,

Mind if I ask what it is about a 3-way that especially attracts you? Perhaps if we focus on the particular set of attributes you desire, we can better help you.

That being said, I often prefer a 3-way as well, but perhaps not for the same reason.
Just to put my 20 cents in Paradigm makes some tube friendly speakers in your price range used.
I want 3-way speakers becuase I want to biwire using 2 sets of cables. Possibly even using 2 differnt types of cables.
You can bi-wire or shotgun bi-wire with 2-way speakers as well, as long as they offer two sets of binding posts, which many manufacturers do. If you want to tri-wire, that's a different story--then you'll obviously need a 3-way speaker. I'd still say go with the speaker that sounds best to you within your budget regardless of how many drivers there are. Buying a speaker just to be able to bi-wire is like buying a car just to get a certain set of tires--better to go by the performance of the whole package. Best of luck.

Tim