3-way under 1000 new.

Looking to buy a 3way speakers that is under $1000 new. I like jazz, blues, and classical. Are there any out there for this price point? I see most of the good ones start around $1500. I have an all tube system if that helps in the advise.

thanks
tube777
Just to put my 20 cents in Paradigm makes some tube friendly speakers in your price range used.
I want 3-way speakers becuase I want to biwire using 2 sets of cables. Possibly even using 2 differnt types of cables.
You can bi-wire or shotgun bi-wire with 2-way speakers as well, as long as they offer two sets of binding posts, which many manufacturers do. If you want to tri-wire, that's a different story--then you'll obviously need a 3-way speaker. I'd still say go with the speaker that sounds best to you within your budget regardless of how many drivers there are. Buying a speaker just to be able to bi-wire is like buying a car just to get a certain set of tires--better to go by the performance of the whole package. Best of luck.

Tim
The problem with biwiring a 2-way is that the midrange comes out of the woofer. On a 3-way the midrange and tweeter are on one set of post, while the woofer is on the other set.
Tube777, in my experience, you're better off upgrading to a single run of higher quality cable than going with two or three runs of a lesser cable. It's more cost-effective to get one run of really good stuff than multiple runs/ lesser stuff. I'm not saying my experience is all-encompassing, but that's the conclusion I arrived at from my own experiments.

I would second Soix's suggestion that you find the speakers that make the magic happen for you first and foremost.

Best of luck to you!