1K speaker advice?

I am looking to upgrade speakers from Dana Audio 1s to something full range with better resolution, with about $1K to spend. I have a NAD 100wpc power amp. I listen mostly to vocals, acoustic music, and blues - and to a lesser degree jazz, rock and classical. A local audio store has a used pair of Thiel C2 at $700. They sound great but I'm concerned about the age and how they will sound with my front end equipment. Am I better off buying something new - if so I welcome suggestions.
dalelogix
I'm not sure abou the exact prices, but B&W's 600 series and their cdm bookshelf are really good with vocals, jazz and acoustic & classical but are a little muddy with rock. I owned a pair of the dm603 series1 with an NAD 314 and found it to be a good rig with great vocals and a huge soundstage. I hear that Magnepans are pretty good too. Have fun.
click on "monitor demo's" and check them out. I'm not sure he hs any left at $795 at Synersound. Better than Reynaud Twins. They origally sold for $1,695
Listen to the B&W CDM-1NT. You should be able to find a new pair in your price range. Don't just take our advice, go listen and make your own decision. Good Luck!
I'm not familiar with the C2, but an excellent used Thiel at that price point would be the CS1.5. This is a fine sounding floorstanding 2 way design. It is excellent with vocals and has wonderful timbre. I don't know what NAD model you have - if it's too bright it will not partner well with the Thiels. If you don't have enough current, you will lose bass extension. Thiels are all about detail. You haven't described your front end, but a pair of Thiels will ruthlessly expose every upstream shortcoming. They could cause an unwanted upgrade chain reaction in the wrong system. But, if you take the effort to properly configure a system for them, Thiels will thrill.