I NEED HEADPHONES....NOW

My wife is not feeling very "audio friendly" lately especially at night. When I come home at night, I really look forward to hear Dianne Reeves and can't get into it the way I like. The only compromise is headsets. I'm looking for a pair for about $200.00 - $300.00 street price. I listen to Vocal Jazz, acoustic and bump and grind R&B on occasion.

Thanks for any help.
martice
I have owned a number of models of headphones over the years, and the ones I liked best were the Stax electrostatics, and the Sennheiser HD600. I have not heard the Etymotics referred to above. Based on those headphones I have heard, I think the price-performance ratio of the Sennheiser HD600 makes it the best buy on the market today.
Let's see, the choices are between doing what the wife wants late at night or listening to music? Maybe it's not headphones that you need.
Best regards,
Dr. Ruth
The Grado SR325 or the Sennheiser HD600. I would go with the HD600's if you have something to drive them with. They come alive with power although the bass does not compare with the Grado RS1's.
Everyone raves about the sennheiser 600's. How much better are they than my 580's? Is it worth upgrading?
The combination that I have found that does wonders for me is the Senn 600's coupled with the Antique Sound Labs MG Head tube Amp. You can get this combo for $600. I currently am spending more time listening to this set-up than I am with my "main" system. Un-amplified music (jazz and Classical) sound wonderful.