Anybody willing to admit?

Another bit of fun I hope.
A while back my local dealer told me of a customer he had who spend serious amounts on his system (vinyl)but had only about a dozen LP's.
Anybody willing to admit about a particularly small record collection?
On a more interesting level anybody so fussy or precise about the music they listen to that their collection is honed to perfection?
ben_campbell
I dare to admit that keeping just 6 or several vinyls or CDs will not suit me since when I start listening(especially on weekends) I may pick up upto 25 recors and play them either whole or selective parts. I can even delay it for the next day.:)
Audiotomb-I think your right I don't think my 70+ year old grandparents would be into the "modern" rock of the the 60's ;), they favor true old school stuff, things that I sure as hell have never heard of before.
Tim I doubt that grandpa & grandma would care for these 8 track tapes: these are mainly 60's rock genre. I'll dig them up again for TomB; probably a dozen or so tapes from The Creme & Jethro Tull era, I think there's an old Pink Floyd too. No guarantees regarding condition; might be fun to play around with though. I'm keeping my R-to-R's as I'll admit to having 1/4 track & 1/2 track machines that still sound good even today.
I have some 100+ cassettes ( very good quality!)that I taped from CD's and before CD's were invented. I bought a good HX-PRO cassette deck for the rig, car, minisystem fully knowing I never gonna listen to thoes tapes.But Just in case...

Got some 50 + BASS CD'S (Miami sound) that chants bass, bass, bass throughout( annoying) but can't listen(most) but still can't get rid of them. But just In case....

My cerwin vega's (AT-15) sitting the garage collecting dust. Can't get rid of them...Old Infinity car speakers, amps in a box in my garage. WHY?

I have two HT system in the Family room. One the high end and the other the 11 year old Yamaha. One for casual and on for real HT experience. Two center speakers: one behind the other! Tons of 'gold plated radio shack cables' from old days. What the.... Just plain STUPID.
Through highschool, in the early 90s, I had roughly the same amount of LPs as I do CDs. I stopped buying LPs in college because I couldn't find anymore at Tower "RECORDS". My LP collection's growth stunted at about 100ish and my CD collection ballooned over 500. My system during this tme was a Nak 35wpc receiver, Luxman turntable, NAD CD player, and KEF q30 tiny floorstanding speakers.

Now that I've left low-fi and entered mid-fi, my LP collection is in the closet, my Luxman needs a new needle which I am too cheap to replace. My CD collection actually dwindled from 500 to about 100. I lost or gave away lots of cds I stopped listening to.

I wonder what will happen after I enter hi-fi. Maybe I might have 20 Chesky CDs and a few SACDs by jazz and blues artists I've never heard of and 10 versions of 1812's overture.