Anyone herad the Audio Physic Avanti 111's?

Anyone heard the Avanti 111's. Are they really as good as the press seems to think? Do they need a big room?
128x128daveyf
I have heard Virgo's on many occassions, they are good, but lack any bottom end. The Avanti 111's are supposed to be a big step up according to Framer et al. I cannot hear them anywhere near where I live, so I appreciate all feedback.
The Avanti are generally better (bass included) than the Virgos -- but need big (current) amplification to get the best out of them. Especially in the mid-bass (to MY ears, ofcourse -- yrs may differ). So, you may be looking at extra investment...

I used to have the previous model (a tad more difficult to drive than the III) and tried the following amps: Symphonic Line RG7, Pathos monos, Symphonic Line Kraft 250A, Krell 80. Best sound, by far, with the Kraft. Also highest price, by far. Great sound from the other machines, I settled for the RG7 -- but that's personal. BTW, I listen to classical.

Good luck!
Daveyf:

At this price level, I would not recommand buying any speaker without listen to it in at least two different setups. I made that mistake before and regret it big time.
sidssp, that is good advise, I will be sure not to buy them unless I have somehow heard them. However, feedback here is also helpful. Wonder what speakers you are referring to that you made the mistake on?
Daveyf:

Twenty some years ago, in 1978 or 1979, I bought a pair of BOSE 901 based on dealer recommendation without auditioning because it was a new revision and the dealer had not gotten the demo unit in. He also gave me a good price for pre-order. I treaded them in for a pair of KEF 104/ab three months later. I paid my tuition. I am now much older and hopefully a bit wiser.