Coincident UHS speakers,,,,,,anyone own a pair?

Anyone own a pair of Coincident ultre high sensitivity line of speakers? If so, what are you powering them with and how do you like the sound?
meech33
Great to see you again, Sutts. Thanks for the compliments, but I think you are much better qualified to be a reviewer than I.

The dealer also had the Partial Eclipse and the Victory. Neither of which did we listen to, which I guess is unfortunate. My friend was looking for a small monitor for his low powered amp to mate with in a second system.

Despite most people's impression, when I came across the Victory, it proved to be the first Coincident speaker I didn't think to much of. In hindsight, I should give it another chance, especially in light of what I heard from the Triumph UHS.

Again, the Triumph UHS simply made a believer out of me. Israel hit a home run on this one. We listened to a lot of speakers, and there were just two I would ever put my hard earned money on. And, the Coincident, in my opinion was the better of the two.

In addition, the sensitivity of the Triumph UHS was a great thing. I know that whatever amplifier I ever had, I could drive the speaker.

I guess I take Coincident for granted, since I own a speaker which was considered a "statement" type product. But, even the lowest product on the totem pole left me impressed to a degree I didn't think possible. The more I go out and listen to other speakers, I realize how fortunate I really was to make my purchase.
Trelja- interesting that you mention the Triumph's- they are the one Coincident speaker I have NOT heard or owned!

I used to have the Victory's in a 10'x16' second-bedroom dedicated listening room- they are fabulous in a smaller room. I also had Coincident Super Eclipses in that room, and they were also excellent, although with the more prodigous bass response vs the Victory's, when pushed on bass heavy material I had to be careful (I live in a condo after all!). The main difference b/w the 2 was detail retrieval- superior with the Victory, and they can be driven with less watts as well, only you will give it up in deeper bass response to the Super E's- there are always tradeoffs as you know so well.

Further on the Victory's, they are a very good speaker in the right application, and unfortunately, I have noticed they have occasionally received short shrift over the years here at the Gon and sometimes have not sold as quickly used as the other models- totally underserved. The thing with the Victory's (and ALL of Izz's speakers) is breakin- crucial- and long, but once complete- look out. Some have accused the Victory of being 'thin' in the mids. I must disagree- once broken in, and with the right amplification (any harsh SS need not apply), they are full-bodied and fleshed out yet still very neutral.

The main reason I moved to the TV's was due to moving the system to the 20'x20' main room in the condo. I tried the Victorys' out here, but way too light on the deep bass considering the room size (I have learned a lot about matching speakers appropriately to the room- since I try to avoid the use of subwoofers if possible). Anyways, the Total Victory's are superb. As soon as they were installed, immediately I noticed the full range sound filling the room and with subsequent breakin I have all the detail retrieval and 'air' of the smaller Victory but with BIG, yet tight and well-damped bass.

The final thing I will add is that Coincident speakers (especially the UHS series) demand the finest upstream components, and you will hear it if they are sub-par. Through the ASL Hurricanes and Israels' VPI HRX table and no-compromise Audion Premiere Quattro 4-box preamp, the TV's are truly a memorable experience. We tried the above combo at Izz's place minus the VPI and with my Accuphase T-101 tuner as front end, and it was still scary good.

As I write this, I am watching the classic 1981 sci-fi flick 'Outland' with Sean Connery- HT is also great through the TV/ASL 1009 combo! Later.
Thanks everyone. This info is greatly appreciated. My budget will only allow me to get the Triumph Sigs at this time. According to Trelja, I don't think I'll be dissapointed. I think my ultimate goal is to get the Triumphs now, hold on to them for about 3 years, while saving up the money for the Total Victory's. I think this will make a killer HT rig also (using the Triumphs as surrounds). I refuse to spend $1500 on Isreals center channel. I just don't see the value in a $1500 center channel. I'd rather see if he can sell me a single Triumph for about $500 to use as a center.

I definately want to get into SET amps. Although I occasionally listen to large orchestral music, I think the high sensitivity of these speakers will allow the SET to sing. I thought about Bi-amping whichever speakers I get from Israel. I spoke to him already. He said that he could put dual binding post on any of his speakers. I'll probably use a SET on the mid-highs and a higher powered Push-Pull by the same manufacturer for the bass.

Wish me luck.

thanks again.
The Tri Sig UHS uses a proprietary woofer manufactured be SEAS, not a Vifa.

Coincident does offer a Triumph Sig UHS center channel that sells for $595US.