Best 2W Speaker under 1500

Odd as it may sound I have never owned a pair of 2 way speakers. But I want to put together a system for my den which is about 10x15. I plan on using an old CAL icon mkII that has been sitting around gathering dust as my source. I plan on using a tube amp running about 50-70 watts. Can anyone give me an idea what kind of speakers to demo? I would like to get a speaker that has a good bass, but a non-fatiguing speaker is important as well.

thanks
tube777
Lots of good choices I guess.

Dave Ellis' 1801s www.home.attbi.com/~ellisaudio/index.htm

Avinci Studio or the Avinci Ones at www.Acoustic-Reality.com

These are only available new.

Cheers
You could try the SONUS FABER Concertos. Many used ones on the market in Walnet and Gloss piano Black. They have nice bass for a small speaker and nice soundstage. Lastly the design is a work of visual art. On the used market they run $1000 to $1,500 with nice matching stands. Listen to them in your home with the amps you intend to use BEFORE you buy.
1audiofile,

I have never heard sonus faber, but there is a dealer in my area that sells them. The trouble is that I just never feel right using his speakers as a demo and then buying used ones on the net. But I did call him and he told me that they would be the closest ( in his opinion ) to the vandersteen in a small speaker.
I would say the Vienna Acoustics Bach is worth looking at. Works with tube amps. and sounds very smooth. I am amazed at what comes out of this speaker for the money.

Tim Flemke
My vote is for the ACI Sapphire III LE. I had a pair of Concertos which I really liked. A friend damaged the cabinets and offered to buy them from me. Because I had such good results with the ACI Titan II LE subwoofer I decided to give the Sapphire III LE a try. I am very glad I did. They have a lot of the Concertos character, but resolve better and have better dynamic capabilities. Great speaker, definitely give them a try.