Attention: Dunlavy Audio Labs out of business

I cannot believe that I am the first to post this.

http://www.dunlavyaudio.com/

Any comments to this? Was this just well known to everyone but me?
mrpoindexter
Twylie I could not agree with you more. Anytime I got bad service from a dealer, company, etc I never did business with them again. There is a dealer I did business with for years and I caught him lying to me. After I brought it to his attention he tried to lie his way out of it. I told him plan and simple he would not see me again. That was about 4 years ago. With the good service Aerial gave you they have a customer for life.
John Dunlavy was the heart a soul of the Dunlavy speaker. When he left, it was only a matter of time before the reputation fell and the company closed. It was a very sad day in the audio industry when one of the top designers retired, but that is life. The worst thing in my mind is there are very few designers who can fill his shoes. The Dunlavy speakers were and are a great value, affording the highest quality sound for a reasonable price.
Given the fact that they had redesigned the III line my assumption is that someone will buy the facility and continue with the Dunlavy line. The hope would be who ever that buyer is recognizes the need to have John involved. If someone could keep John retained as a design consultant and have the facility he created, the line could continue and grow.
For those who somehow feel the lose of another high end manufacture is a good thing, I recommend you look deep in yourself and find out where that hate comes from. It's not needed here.
I'm very dissapointed by this news. Mr. Dunlavy was planning on using digital crossovers into individulally powered drivers in the future. I can think of only a hand few of others that could probably do this with the same expertise. The future is now that more distant.
Although I am sorry to see yet another manufacturer go toes up, I can see how that could happen to Dunlavy. Their speakers have always gotten excellent reviews, but are just not practical for a lot of listeners. To meet my needs for deep bass, I would have had to buy a pair of SC-IV's. However, I've never had enough room to sit the recommended 10 feet or more away. I'm probably not the only buyer that shopped around for another speaker that went as deep but didn't require a large room. Ever seen a pair of Duntech Sovereigns? Holy moly. It's like you expected to see Steve Reeves chained up between them. Sticking to your engineering principals is to be admired, but the products must be adapted to a real-world market.