Attention: Dunlavy Audio Labs out of business

I cannot believe that I am the first to post this.

http://www.dunlavyaudio.com/

Any comments to this? Was this just well known to everyone but me?
mrpoindexter
I'm very dissapointed by this news. Mr. Dunlavy was planning on using digital crossovers into individulally powered drivers in the future. I can think of only a hand few of others that could probably do this with the same expertise. The future is now that more distant.
Although I am sorry to see yet another manufacturer go toes up, I can see how that could happen to Dunlavy. Their speakers have always gotten excellent reviews, but are just not practical for a lot of listeners. To meet my needs for deep bass, I would have had to buy a pair of SC-IV's. However, I've never had enough room to sit the recommended 10 feet or more away. I'm probably not the only buyer that shopped around for another speaker that went as deep but didn't require a large room. Ever seen a pair of Duntech Sovereigns? Holy moly. It's like you expected to see Steve Reeves chained up between them. Sticking to your engineering principals is to be admired, but the products must be adapted to a real-world market.
I have never found the hieght of loudspeaker an issue. It's the foot print and relative distance to side,rear and listeninig positions that are a challange.
I would suspect that no-one will pick up the Dunlavy line. High end audio (for two channel or home theater) is a tough business in good times. In times like these, well--it's tougher.

For existing Dunlavy product owners, most of the drivers (if not all) are commercially available so you can keep your speakers as long as you like.