Vandersteen 3x Owners: More Bass?

Just curious how many owners of Vandersteen 3 series speakers (or 2 series)have chosen to add a subwoofer (most like one or two from Vandersteen), and if not, why not?
pubul57
Well it certainly seems like you have a very satisfying system. Has the search stopped? or are you contemplating your next move? Any thoughts on interconnects, speaker cabling, or power conditioners within the context of your system?
Zargon, this is in no way a negative comment on your system. I'm sure it sounds fabulous. However, I am disappointed to hear that the 5's can be improved measurably by using subs in conjunction. Would have thought, for that price, that the use of subs would have been obviated.
The "subs" are part of the 5As, integrated within the 5A cabinet and with their own 400Watt amplifiers (for the subwoofer frequencies) per speaker.
Thanks, P. This is what I thought. Guess I had mistakenly inferred from Zargon's comments that he was using separate, additional subs.
4yanx, sorry for misleading you. I was comparing the virtues of separate versus integrated subs. The 5A subs cannot be improved on IMO.

Pubul57, the search never stops! (:-)

My next step is addressing power and conditioning. I am currently running 2 Richard Grey 400s in series, with the pre on the first and the CD on the second. The amp and subs are direct. Everything is driven off a single 15 amp circuit with nothing else on it. The 15 amp circuit is a very short run (15 ft.) to the main.

Frankly, I have virtually inaudible ambient speaker noise (even without the RGs), and such great performance that I can't imagine that I can improve on it. Is it possible that the all ARC, all balanced equipment is so well designed and so compatible that any power issues are accounted for?

However, based on AGON reviews and given the reasonably low cost, I can't see any down side to adding dedicated circuits. I would put 3-20 amp circuits in (1 for the amp and 1 for each sub), and 2-15 amp circuits in (1 for the pre and 1 for the CD).

Have you any experience in this area?