flat speaker quandary

Hi folks...

I can't believe it, but after finaly getting the Martin Logans iv'e always wanted...i'm not satisfied.
I lack warmth, punch and musicality over what I upgraded from, which was Magnepan MMGs. I know, a much smaller speaker. I moved into a new house with a great big listening room so i figured it to be a good chance to buy the big ML's I had lusted over, which I did. Now that I have them...I'm scratching my head. Wost of all, its getting to the piont where I'm more focused on what i'm *not* hearing vs. what I am hearing.

I currently am using a nice tube preamp > mccormack dna1 > Martin logan SL3

this is an upgrade from a B&K st140 > MMG rig in a smaller room. THIS is the sound I need to re-capture. It just worked for me on so many levels.

I was thinking of maybe buying some larger maggies, like the 3.3r or 3.5r as they tend to pop up with some regularity and would be of equal value to what I could likely get for these SL3s I have.
I've never heard a big maggie before. How do the 3-way planars sound?

Should I just get a good sub instead? I know I need one, but If those larger maggies dont require one then that would be a + in their direction.
128x128nickspicks
Nick,

Try some Transparent speaker cables, they're a match made in heaven. Bi-wire is the only way to go with ML's IMHO. Don't give up, they are great transducers in their price range.
Nick, Perhaps if you describe your room, its dimensions, where you have placed your speakers and your listening seat, and describe your floor and wall coverings etc some one can give you some help. I had a similar experience with large panels when I moved into my new home and found it was all due to placement and room conditioning.
Just wanted to mention that they might not be broken in yet and if they take as long as Magnepan speakers that might not be for 500 hours! So I advise not to even think about it until then. Martin Logan owners can tell you how long they take to break in, I would be guessing as I have never owned them. But the difference can be amazing once equipment breaks in.