Merlin Mil. w/hybrid amps??

My usual amps are VTL MB-450s. They are in for repair and I have a Bryston 4B SST on loan in the meantime. I really like the low end control and extention. However, I miss all of the appealin qualities of tubes. Have any of you found a hybrid amp that gives you the best of both? Are there still compromises? Any experience that you can share is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brooks
brooksl
Jim, what a blessing. MrPaul, Thanks for the suggestion. I have been to Holm audio many times. It is a cool store. However, they are no longer a Joule dealer. They primarily have Cary, ASL, and Elect.. By the way, David Berning is so busy that he is back ordered until December.
Mrpaul,

Hang on to your hat as you will be "blown away" by the wire and cap mods on the ZH270 after 200 hours. The upgrade is that good.

Jim
Brooks, I am in your back yard and will have a CAT JL-2 available for audition very soon. I can help you with some of the other options you have mentioned here and in private email.

Brian Walsh
Brooks1- I've got a very different system, but if you want to hear the Berning vs a megawatt hybrid (Llano Trinity 300) I have both here, in W. Hartford, CT, 45 min from New Haven. I am using them to drive Vandy 3ASigs, but you might learn something from hearing them both. I have only recently gotten the Berning so I really don't have a handle on the differences, but they are both very nice. You can email me if you want to give them a listen. BTW, I may also give the NY show a try.
Swampwalker, I will email you. Thanks. In the meantime, I hope you post your thoughts on the Berning.