Merlin Mil. w/hybrid amps??

My usual amps are VTL MB-450s. They are in for repair and I have a Bryston 4B SST on loan in the meantime. I really like the low end control and extention. However, I miss all of the appealin qualities of tubes. Have any of you found a hybrid amp that gives you the best of both? Are there still compromises? Any experience that you can share is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brooks
brooksl
Brooks, I am in your back yard and will have a CAT JL-2 available for audition very soon. I can help you with some of the other options you have mentioned here and in private email.

Brian Walsh
Brooks1- I've got a very different system, but if you want to hear the Berning vs a megawatt hybrid (Llano Trinity 300) I have both here, in W. Hartford, CT, 45 min from New Haven. I am using them to drive Vandy 3ASigs, but you might learn something from hearing them both. I have only recently gotten the Berning so I really don't have a handle on the differences, but they are both very nice. You can email me if you want to give them a listen. BTW, I may also give the NY show a try.
Swampwalker, I will email you. Thanks. In the meantime, I hope you post your thoughts on the Berning.