Large Speakers Small Rooms

I've always thought about using large floorstanding speakers in a small room but never tried.How many of you have this combination and if so, how does it work out for you?
romakabi
Just shove a Kharma/Tenor/Meitner/WalkerAudio system in a closet. I'm thinking the 3.2 CRM monitors. That should sing in a small room. Cost? About as much as my 1300 sq.ft house.
i have studio 100s and had them in a real small room and the bass overloaded the room badly,,when i moved to a larger place they sounded much better,,if i ever move to a smaller place the 100s are going up for sale,,
Spacekadet - I know I know it is ridiculous for the VS speakers. It's temporary otherwise I would be using bookshelves. But I do (after hard labor and pain) have the set up working (obviously not at its potential)

I am going to try corner placement nonetheless. I think that would be the best solution from what I've heard. I will report back to this thread what difference it made since it is relative. If you don't hear from me in a week or so Call 911 – I’m buried in stereo equipment!

Rob