Avalon: are new models quite better than older ?

I'm curious if all Avalon's owners are completely satisfied with the new vented models respect the previous sealed: I know the factory point of view but I wonder if in this particular aspect -bass articulation, impact and speed- the discontinued Ascents or Radians (just to name a few) could be better than the new Eidolons or Opus... Any comment will be appreciated ! Thanks, Luca.
luke72
Luke72, in my system, the Eidolon's bass is very agile, articulate and detailed. I'm driving the Eidolons with Atma-Sphere MA-2 amps and I would say their impact and dynamics in the bass is excellent on full scale orchestral music. (E.g., listening to the last side of the Stravinsky Firebird Mercury/Classic 45 rpm reissue, which has stunningly demanding bass transients.) The bass in the Opus I have not found to be as satisfactory, but the Eidolons are very good indeed.
Thanks Rushton. Any comment from audiogoners who passed from Ascent or Radian to Eidolon ?
Luca: I am not necessarily a fan of the Avalon speakers, especially the older Eidolons. I thought the bass did not integrate very well with the midsand always sounded lean.

I am very familiar with the newer Eidolons and feel there is a large improvement in the bass region.
Jtinn, you meant the older Radians or Ascents, I presume...
Thanks for the post. I hope to read something from an owner who passed from the older to the newer models and could add a first hand opinion.
I am refering to memory of a long time ago after hearing the Ascents at one dealer in CA and the Eidolons at a dealer in NY. I found the dynamics very constricted on the Eidolons & passed on them. I never felt that with the Ascents. They were one of my favorite speakers, but at that point I could not afford them. The Eidolons (they may have been updated since) broke up at louder volumes with distortion & compression in dynamics. The other speakers in the store were much more "dynamic". There could have been a problem with the demo, but I ruled out the Eidolon for myself after that. I listen to music usually very loud.