Mini-systems

Does anyone here have a mini-system at home or in the office that they can recommend? I need something with either one or two alarms that will also compliment a modern bedroom. In other words, I'd like to avoid those garish Aiwa units you see at Best Buy that look like they deserve their own X-File. Something elegant, preferably brushed aluminum/stainless steel, with nice grill covers and of course, good quality sound...

Thanks all,
Brian
thedautch
Recently I purchased a Sony RB-5 ($199 retail) for my
daughter and it looks/sounds very good in her bedroom. I'm not sure if it has
an alarm. (I replaced the stock speaker wires. 24ga.
with a single strand of Kimber Kable 4VS for +/- and this
really improved the sound. If anyone needs a great dual-
alarm clock radio, may I suggest a GE Model # 7-4853. Wal-
Mart has them for under $20. Bill
That JVC above looks NICE. But every JVC I've heard in the stores lately sound awful.
Yamaha sounded the best with the bigger piano black speakers. Panasonic for the cheaper models. Denon is okay with the bigger M30 or M50 speakers.
Denon D-F100S or D-F100mc. High-end mini system and looks to match. Never fails to amaze me. Paid $600.00 for it. Check out www.denon.com
I found the Yamaha MCR-150 (smaller) piano mini system for $169.00 here:

http://www.shop.store.yahoo.com/jeffminsky/hometheatre.html

This or the Denon are the best I'ver heard but they are typically $400-$700. So this is a real bargain.
Since they list the retail as $300, not $400 like it's being sold at Best Buy right now, I do not know if this is an older style but with the same MCR-150 part number.
Here is a nice looking AIWA executive mini-system:
Aiwa XR-EC10
They sold for $245 new but were discontinued in 2002. Heartland America is selling them for $109.99 (the price has been reduced since this ad)and with $20 rebate it's only $89.99. New in box with one year warranty. Aiwa is typically more transparent than JVC. Bass is not slow or overblown like Yamaha, Panasonic, or Onkyo. Sound is more alive and not dead like dead-Denon/Mission systems.