Fake plants behind speakers a good idea?

I have 2.5 feet from the back of my floorstanders to the wall, and 3.5 to the side, I have seen some people placing silk plants behind their speaker, good idea or not
would the silk plant cause diffraction or absortion
thx
italy71
I have a 5' tall fake tree/plant in a back corner of my setup. I measured the room response with and without it. I found no difference in SPL's at any frequency. Also, it does't seem to effect imaging positively or negatively.
Live plants enjoy music; to set plastic ones behind the speakers is to waste the "psychic energy" which real plants could enjoy. However, it was found that in basement home theaters plants were not influenced positively by the music, and they died. This is why you never see plants in commercial theaters.
I have used the silk ficus trees back from the days of Martin Logan's - placed behind the speaker and it did help with diffraction and imaging. I have em, so they usually stay in the rear front corners behind the speakers. I have also seen this setup in many showrooms...

Have I A/B'ed with and without em ? nope.
Kirk, perhaps no one informed you that you only get definitive results with Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees". Try it again. You'll see. It's all about synergy.
To start, I have a pair of FocusAudio fs 788, I bought a pair of 5' silk plants. My room is approx. 14, 17 they seem to have more of an absorbing effect, lost a touch of low and mid band which in turn made the high end more prominant, but of course thinner sounding....anyone want to buy a couple silk plants?