Fake plants behind speakers a good idea?

I have 2.5 feet from the back of my floorstanders to the wall, and 3.5 to the side, I have seen some people placing silk plants behind their speaker, good idea or not
would the silk plant cause diffraction or absortion
thx
italy71
I have used the silk ficus trees back from the days of Martin Logan's - placed behind the speaker and it did help with diffraction and imaging. I have em, so they usually stay in the rear front corners behind the speakers. I have also seen this setup in many showrooms...

Have I A/B'ed with and without em ? nope.
Kirk, perhaps no one informed you that you only get definitive results with Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees". Try it again. You'll see. It's all about synergy.
To start, I have a pair of FocusAudio fs 788, I bought a pair of 5' silk plants. My room is approx. 14, 17 they seem to have more of an absorbing effect, lost a touch of low and mid band which in turn made the high end more prominant, but of course thinner sounding....anyone want to buy a couple silk plants?
Funny that this thread topic just came up.

A week ago I bought a pair of speakers and set them in the same place as the old pair of speakers that they replaced. Sure, I adjusted them a few inches. A little toe-in here, an inch or two forward there, etc. They sounded fantastic.

We are going to be painting the room this weekend so I started moving furniture and plants out of the room first (the system was the last thing to go). Sure enough after moving a 4 foot tall potted plant from the right rear corner (about 2 1/2 feet to the right and 2 feet back from the right speaker), the bass got really boomy.

Now you tell me, does a 4 foot potted plant with a ceramic pot equate to a bass trap? I dont think so.

But damned if it did not have a major effect on the sound.
I kid you not, I believe the a Japanese man/company has discovered how to make living plants play music! That would be way cool. I remember seeing it on the web...
That would make for surreal surrounds.