Cars. What does the typical audiophile drive?

Just curious. People have asked about watches,
cigars, beer, and even ones income here.

1: What do you drive (daily & weekends)?
2: What might you be driving in the future?
3: What would you drive if $$$ was no object (pick 2 ;-)?

My answers to the above:
1: Toyota truck.
2: Newer Toyota truck.
3: Lamborghini Murcielago & McLaren F1.
houndco
I have updated my cars since this thread began and now drive the following:

Wife's Car and Weekend Family Wagon

2007 Volvo V70 R Wagon
Titanium Gray with special "Atacama" leather
No roof rack!
HEICO racing pedals and shift knob
Pirellis

This car is amazing - turbocharged to 300 HP right out of the box and can be easily tuned to 400 +.

It has AWD with a fly by wire adjustable suspension and a sporty, but stunning leather interior that would be hard to match in a $150,000 + car. With the suspension on the extreme track setting, it really corners and feels more like a Porsche than a wagon. Interesting, but perhaps not a surprise, this limited production car was not successful commercially, as it seems the average Volvo driver is not so concerned about cruising at 150 MPH on the way to the grocery store. So the bean counters at Ford killed it earlier this year and I had to scramble around to find one of the few. If you can find one, these cars are amazing.

Daily Driver and Commuter Car

2007 Ducati 1098
Racing Yellow
Termignoni Exhaust

This is my first Ducati and unless there is snow or ice on the ground, I drive it 80 miles daily in and out of midtown Manhattan through the heat, humidity, rain, cold and/or darkness.

It is a gorgeous bike with a gorgeous exhaust note - I particularly love the racing yellow color after first thinking a Ducati should only come in red.

The bike is bigger and more comfortable than you might expect - I am not quite 6' 2" and an hour each way is no problem.

Time will tell if Ducatis have become more robust and reliable, but at 5500 miles so far, I have had no problems other than low speed stalling which the dealer fixed under warantee.

A couple of notes for bikers: the front brake calipers on this bike are ASTOUNDING. It took me several thousand miles to get comfortable feathering the brakes as they are really really strong and could easily flip the bike. Also, the torque curve is so smooth and progressive that speed really sneaks up on you - even more than usual on a bike. So easy to look down and notice that you are suddenly going 100 MPH, but without all the screaming revs and commotion of Japanese bikes or my previous Triumphs.

I dont worry as much as people might think about SUVs, but I do worry about deer at night. So an upgrade to Xenon lights might be an order with the next service and new tires.

In summary, a great commuter car and highly recommended for performance oriented audiophiles.

Cheers

cwlondon
Daily: Scion TC, a stunning value & Ford Explorer I got dirt cheap until I can get a real SUV (4Runner or LR3, depending on it's quality or lack thereof!)

Future: BMW 1 Series / Lotus Elise (fun) & the TC ... will run that into the ground and sell it to some kid who will do things to it that cost double what the car is worth while not adding value to it?! SUV for hauling & driving in snow (Western NC).

Cost no object: ?, I am not much up on the Italian stuff, kind of gaudy, like a medallion on a hairy chest to me ... if you see what I mean! It would have to be an Aston Martin or some other with classic lines, or maybe a TVR. Could be partial to vintage & classic cars though ... an ex had a father (uk student then) who had a '24 Bentley ... that was fun.
jaguar XKR,refined, sexy, fast,comfortable, impractical, exclusive,personal;just like my so call stereo!I think it is hard to be a conneisour in just one area. if you ahve highly tuned senses , you will just have to be a slave to that! BTW will work for speaker cables!! lol
A Powerdyne supercharged '94 chevy S-10 ZR2 that pumps out ~290hp of good clean head snapping fun. The suspension has been upgraded with polyeurathane bushings and the engine has been outfitted with other engine management goody's.

The trucks appearance has been intentionally left stock to hide the power/performance that's available on tap that can be unleashed on unsuspecting/ignorant motorists, namely the tuner crowd ;-)

Of course the main purpose of the power is for 4x4 agility but who can resist?

Cheers
BMW 335 convertible. Love the drive and yes, the top comes down even when it's cold. Drives like sh.. in the snow, haha.