Not impressed

Just getting sick of the Hi Fi Merry Go Around...getting ready to throw in throw in the towel. Price to performance ratio is not all that rewarding. Sucks not being able to Audition before I buy....find a a nice amp.......good luck finding a preamp to match......on and on
djverne
My system is cobbled together from a few things bought new and lots of used stuff, which is part of the fun. Something seems weak I sell it, things that sound great I keep, and the result is music played at a very high level of resolution and accuracy that keeps me spellbound in front of it for hours. You can lament the price vs. value of a lot of things you might like, but if you express it in a defeatist tone you're just whining, it's pathetic, and life is way too short to suffer those who choose to be pathetic whiners. To sum up: Me good, pathetic whiners bad.
Makes no sense to me. Sound quality-to-price ratio continues to improve year after year in the affordable categories, due to an oversupply of capable manufacturers and trickle-down technologies. Excellent sounding equipment at reasonable prices not hard to find these days. Even a poor excuse for an audio magazine such as the Absolute Sound can point you in the right direction and help you avoid making a mistake.
Just getting sick of the Hi Fi Merry Go Around..
This is the reason why hi-end audio is loosing the battle to puny earphones. Trust me. You will not find the perfect sound or anything to close to that even if you pay $million. I've looked everywhere (shows and hi-end audio shops)to hear the sound and music which will satisfy me. No luck!

The speaker is like a monitor or a printer in a computer system. Even though the CPU is highest quality and HDD is 10 TB, people will only see B&W if the monitor/printer is B&W which is a cheaper element. The speaker is what you will hear. The speaker is the most important element in an audio system. Current hi-end audio speakers are not accurate nor detailed to give you feedback. If speakers let you hear the difference between cables or components clearly and accurately, the search will be done quickly.

I don't read anyone talk about musicality anymore in here. All you guys talk about the sound. I feel your pain! When even the sound is not right, how you can talk about the music.

Good luck finding the capable speaker! It's available and very affordable.

Alex
Wavetouch Audio
Good luck finding the capable speaker! It's available and very affordable.

Alex
Wavetouch Audio
Mihorn

annnnnnd heeeeere's Alex! Just in time to pimp his speakers for you, guaranteed to solve all of your audio problems. LOL!

Seriously, I think everyone gets a little burnt out from chasing the absolute sound over the years. Just relax and take some time off. They will still be making this crap in a few years when your batteries are re-charged and you are ready to play again.
In response to Mihorn, I do not think there is a battle between high end audio and "puny earphones". Those who predominantly or exclusively use iPods or similar players with earbuds probably have no interest in high end audio for no other reason than either they have no familiarity with it or associate listening to music with mobility, and I don't mean upward.