SMC McCormack or Vincent Pwr Amp

Hi,
I am considering upgrading from my Aragon 4004 mkII to possibly an SMC DNA 1 or a comparable Voncent Power Amp. Any suggestions as the wether either of these is a step up over what I currently have and the preferrred manufacturer?
Thanks
jimbones
The speakers are my own build, Hybrid open baffles around 88db, 3 way design (doesn't tell you much, I know :(

It seems that most people are saying that a modded DNA will outperform a Aragon. In other circles it was suggested that I look at something "newer" such as Parasound.
Steve McCormack provides some of the best support in the business. His modded amps are among the best SS amps i have ever heard. Disclaimer- I'm now a "tube" believer, so haven't heard too many ss amps recently.
You know, just for a different set of options...have you thot about some of the class d amps? I had a DNA 1 w/ what was called the Rev. A mods for close to 15 years and they are indeed great amps and Steve is super to deal w/. But I took the jump over to class d w/ the Wyred mAmps and couldn't be happier. Like the DNA they are passive friendly to boot. Just a thot.
My guess is others are saying Parasound because of the cost and the Parasound is newer I believe. If you were to acquire a DNA-1 in stock form it will run you $750 to $950 shipped depending on your luck/patience nowadays. Then to have it sent to SMc Audio for modifications which will run you $1500 to $2000 depending on the level of modification you desire. So you may be in the $2200 to $2900 range on money spent.

A new Parasound Halo A21 goes for $2650 shipped from Audio Advisor. You get a newer designed amp but to me an SMc Audio DNA-1 is pretty much re-built from the ground up so it is new IMO once you get it back from them.

I'm thinking I'd go with the SMc Audio modded DNA-1 for the customer service as well as the experience of many others who have had glowing reviews of SMc Audio modded gear.

Aragon is still in business I believe. Do they modify or restore the older line of Aragon amps? Maybe they can modernize your 4004 MK2?
It's now Indy Labs. From what I remember they don't mod the 4004 only because they are onto newer stuff now.

You pretty much nailed the discussion on the head regarding the new/old and $$. It came down to some people saying, if you are going to spend $2500, just look for a newer amp on the used market to not futz around.