When I turn it up, it turns down

I have a NAD M3 and have this weird problem. Whenever I try to crank the volume up, it turns itself down. It's very annoying. I have to fiddle with the nob for a little while and then it FINALLY turns up. WTF? Has anyone else had this problem? How to fix? Please advise!
128x128slappyjam
Try unplugging your Nad for a few minutes. Plug it back in and see if that solves the problem.
That's a common fix for personal computers which can take several hours to completely discharge the power supply. I would recommend when it is unplugged turn the power switch on and off a couple of times. That will discharge the power supply almost instantly. That said if that temporarily resolves the issue and it keeps coming back you may have a problem with a power supply voltage regulator.
Take the advice you see above. This just happened to me with a Music Hall Maven that I use in a room just for TV sound. I was planning to give it to Goodwill, but just for fun I plugged it back in, and guess what? It worked fine!
I would email the NAD North American Distributor. Send a very detailed description of everything involved with what is happening when the M3 does this. Ask NAD if they have any feedback/suggestions. If you ultimately need to have the M3 serviced to solve this issue, NAD has authorized service centers they can refer you to. Keep the NAD North American distributor aware of every step you take. NAD can be very helpful in these situations.

The above recommendation is if you can't fix the issue with the suggestions given to you in this thread. If any of your fixes don't work out, I would contact the authorized NAD service center recommended by the NAD Distributor, let them diagnose the problem, and then email the details of the repair and cost to the NAD Distributor to get feedback.
Maybe you're holding the remote backwards. My wife does this all the time. ;)