Bach's Mass in B Minor: What is best CD out there?

I would like to get the best sounding and performed version of this classic. I am interested in all opinions as to what that might be. Here are four that I know of: (1) Paul Shaw and Atlanta Symphony; (2) John Gardiner conducts; (3) Helmuth Rilling conducts; (4) Herman Scherchen and Vienna State Opera. All opinions and alternate recommendations are greatly appreciated!
shoff
Schreier/Leipzig takes the Gold. The Leipzig chorus is definetly better than the Herreweghe. Schreier's recording is pleasing in all areas. Now Sugarbrie's recommendation on Philpls label i did not like much. The one i prefered is on Berlin Classics 2123. Its a deferent orchestra and chorus. His recording of the Mozart Requiem on Philips I did not like that much either. Tweek
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I'm quite new to classical and therefore greatly apreciate all of your comments and recommendations. I think I'll request 2 or 3 from inter-library loan and then purchase the one thatI like best. Thanks again!
Steve H
It's funny because I sing in a professional choir. On pieces like this, I am more picky about how the chorus and soloists sound more than the orchestra. I think I will check out the Herreweghe also.
Sugarbie, the Herreweghe definetly has that "orginal intrrument" sound to it. Which i don't care for as well. And the chorus section is not even close to the Chorus performance in the Schreier/Leipzig recording. There are 2 Schreier/Leipzig recordings. Get the one i recommend up above.
Thanks Tweekerman....Schreier is actually more famous in Europe as a baritone soloist, than a conductor. I like what he does with the choirs he conducts. His background helps him really understand singers.

I've sung under "orchestra" conductors who could care less about how the chorus performs. They hardly even look at the singers (if ever), and offer no assistance. With so many singers, if only a few enter early or late, it really affects the sound. Other than the obvious ones like Robert Shaw; people like Colin Davis and Neville Marriner do a good job with big Choirs. Those recordings with Trevor Pinnock are small choirs; many under 40 singers, down to around a dozen in some.