Vandersteen 5A or Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage

I am trying to decide between the Vandersteen 5A and the SF Stradivari. I have been into this CRAZY hobby for about 25 years and have owned speakers such as the Revel Studio V1, SF Cremona M and currently own Magnepan 3.7s with Vandersteen 2WQ subs. I listen to a variety of music, but mostly Rock and Pop music. I love a warmer sound to handle the poorly recorded Rock and I enjoy being able to listen fairly loud at times. Of the above I have owned, the SF Cremona were the best all rounders. The maggies although very good bloat at higher volumes. I should mention I use Levinson Mono blocks and Bryston processor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
troyseaward
If you are looking for something that sounds warm/forgiving, the SF will probably be a better choice. The Vandersteen uses an aluminium tweeter and is a more detailed speaker overall. That said, the 5A has a lot going for it in other areas. It may be a safer choice. The Vandersteens are very transparent speakers in that you can do a lot to change the sound of them. They're very revealing of the components upstream. For example, if you find them too bright, you can get different electronics to completely change the way the system sounds. I know people will say that changing electronics will alter the sound of just about any speaker. I agree, but the point I'm trying to make is that with the Vandersteens, its a much bigger change. Either way, you're still going to have to listen to both pairs of speakers before you make a choice.
Prolly should go with the Vandersteens, I have heard them and thought quite differently than Zd542 in that they were on the warmer richer side of the scale. They are fantastic with analog if you have a turntable.
That said you already favor the Sonus Faber "house sound" so you should listen to the bigger ones you want and see if they retain the sound you like so much. It's your set up so go with what really pleases you. Sorry for stating the obvious.
Apples to oranges: The 5As are time and phase coherent with a bass response to 20Hz. The Sonus Fabers are neither of these. For me, the choice of Vandersteen over Sonus Faber would be easy.
Thanks very much for your responses. I kind of think the Vandersteens are the way to go too. It is also cheaper than the Stradivari, and does go deeper. There is one concern I do have with the Vandersteen 5a, however. I tend to play my music loud at times, and I have read that the 5a does not play loud. I don't need Rock concert levels, just like to "FEEL" the music sometimes. Any thoughts?
I have 5As, not carbon, and they certainly can and do play loud in my large room, the rumor is a myth.