Why did you choose a horn based loudspeaker?

Seems horns or waveguides have become more acceptable to modern audiophiles. So I ask horn owners why did you select a horn based system over the other options in loudspeakers? I myself mostly for dynamic range, lack of compression, image size and little to no listener fatigue. Plus I find a horn loudspeakers to be interesting in design and in appearance. I have a large collection of vintage and modern horn systems as well as dynamic loudspeakers.After 30 years of trying designing etc today I mostly prefer fully front loaded horn speakers. I know that horn speakers still are controversial but please try to be civil.
128x128johnk
I had the same question. Do you want more power, or a different Klipsch speaker?
Klipsch Quartets are wonderful well balanced speakers, but not near the best choice in the Klipsch line(previous or current) to mate with a 1.75 watt amp.

Bill

I got the power I need I wouldn't mind a better/nicer speaker. This system is at a mountain cabin so placement/listening position is not the best but it sounds pretty good.

I can understand why they might not be the best klipsch but I got them cheap. No room for K-horns or even Cornwalls.

My main home system is a Decware Mini Torii at 4 watts into Ref3A De Capos. This is where I want to really upgrade speakers to get some more volume.
"I wouldn't mind a better/nicer speaker."

For the record, I was not implying that the Klipsch Quartet(96dB) was not a quality speaker(owned two pair and absolutely loved them), just not the best to be powered by a flea amp. I own and have owned many a Klipsch speaker but just not any of the big 100dB+ Heritage(KHorns, LaScalas, Belles, Cornwalls).

Bill