Telarc 1812 revisited

I've posted several threads about the trackability of this record and have received many scholarly answers, with emphasis on physics, geometry, compliance, weight, angles,price and all sorts of scientific explanations about tonearms, cartridges, VTA, etc, etc. Let's cut to the chase: I have a 1970's Pioneer 540 in the garage I bought for $5 at a thrift store plus an Audio Technica cartridge for which I paid $30 This combo. tracks the Telarc 1812 perfectly without problems while my $4000 Rega and $1200 Project bounce out of the grooves.. I'd really finally like to get some explanation and resolution as to this discrepanccy
boofer
++++ " The electronic and mechanical keyboards...... " ++++

this is refred to the Carrillon play.

Btw, the 1812 Carrillon passages is another way to know about not only the cartridge set up quality level but the audio system resolution levels.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
I forgot:

++++ " It is quite easy to improve the tracking performance, for example by designing a wire suspension with a longer-than-normal free length. This has the side-effect of lessening the intensity of the loads on the tonearm, which can seem to be a benefit if the tonearm has a resonance-prone mechanical structure, and can improve the tracking of a tonearm with lower-grade bearings or imperfectly adjusted/unevenly worn bearings. " ++++++

and IMHO not only an advantage for the tonearm but for the cartridge it self and for us listeners. With a cartridge with high tracking abilities, especially with classic music,
the normal higher distortions in the last thrid part of an LP goes lower and lower distortions on this regards means more music information.

I was thinking that there were no negative trade offs ( only advantages. ) improving the cartridge tracking abilities by design till your post but you don't really explain what we have to look for during playback so it's not clear for me especially with so many different experiences with cartridges with top tracking abilities where its quality level performance is really good.

Denon, Ortofon, Benz Micro, Highphonic, Technics, Satin, Linn, Sumiko and many more choosed ( at least is what their cartridges shows during playback and with specs. Example Today Ortofon specs on tracking abilities in the A-90 or Winfeld is 100um. ) as one main cartridge characteristic high tracking abilities and their cartridges performs ( overall ) really good where Lyra choosed a different " road ": nothing wrong with that ( is your privilege. ) only makes me think more that if we want top quality sounds IMHO we need high cartridge habilities. I have no test/proved fact against my take on that critical regards.

R.
Well I just bought on ebay my third original Telarc 1812 LP sample.

IMHO and even if your cartridge can't track the cannon shots with aplomb or even if you don't like this kind of score the recording is a must to have.

I own all the Telarc LP catalog ( thank's that the Audio Technica CEO ( in those old times. ) in México was a very close friend of mine. ) and by a wide marging the 1812 is the best recording down there.
There are other Telarc scores very well recorded and some others not so good but in general are ok and some excelent.

Regrads and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear friends: There is no doubt that the Akiva tracking abilities was unexpected for me but the " bigger " surprise was and is ( a welcomed surprise. ) the top tracking abilities of the Fidelity Research FR MCX-5 because no other FR cartridge I tested and own or owned ( including Ikeda's. ) can track the 1812 not even mounted in FR or Ikeda tonearms.

Not only that the FR MCX-5 outperform any other FR/Ikeda cartridge I heard including the ones coming from the 7 series.Btw, I read somewhere that the favorit of Mr. Ikeda cartridge was the FR 1MK3 and because of that I tested this vintage item and is just " terrible ", poor performer.

I was wondedring what happened down there because the MCX-5 has top quality performance level ( I'm not talking here of tracking abilities but soun. ) til I find out that that cartridge was the design of some one that wroks in FR and that latter started My Sonic Lab that today has top fame because its cartridge designs as the Emminent model and others.
So, this discovery makes me to go for a sample of a My Sonic Lab cartridge.

I know that a well regarded Agon's friend Dgdad own it ( between other top tiers. ) and like it.

R.