Telarc 1812 revisited

I've posted several threads about the trackability of this record and have received many scholarly answers, with emphasis on physics, geometry, compliance, weight, angles,price and all sorts of scientific explanations about tonearms, cartridges, VTA, etc, etc. Let's cut to the chase: I have a 1970's Pioneer 540 in the garage I bought for $5 at a thrift store plus an Audio Technica cartridge for which I paid $30 This combo. tracks the Telarc 1812 perfectly without problems while my $4000 Rega and $1200 Project bounce out of the grooves.. I'd really finally like to get some explanation and resolution as to this discrepanccy
boofer
Raul, the designer of My Sonic Labs also designs Air Tight cartridges. Can't remember his name, but you can look it up on the net.
Dear Peterayer: I did not know about AT that I already listened.

Thank's for the info. I will look for a cartridge model My Sonic Lab.

I think that there are several " gems " out there ready to discover it and we just don't know because we are " followers " of the audio marketing and reviews and this is a " mistake ".

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear Peterayer: Take a look what A:J Conti and customers comment on the My Sonic Lab cartridges:

http://basisaudio.com/basis_audio_sonic_labs/index.html

quite remarkable. I have to listen it.

Regrads and enjoy the music,
R.
Raul, you made 15 of the last 20 posts. Are things a little slow down there? ;-)
Dear Dougdeacon: Well, could be that audiophiles does not cares yet on the critical importance of cartridge tracking abilities to achieve top quality performance levels, improved levels on what they are already experienced.

Cartridge tracking abilities is an almost " new " cartridge subject for us audiophiles. Well, I care about and trhough several first hand experiences with vintage and today cartridges I understand its main importance on a cartriudge design.

In the other side, the Telarc 1812 recording ( as I posted ) was and is forbidden by the audio analog community mainly by ignorance, I was part of that but when you go deeper in the Telarc 1812 subject and listen and learn about then you know that was a mistake not take that recording in count.

The recording is not about ( but it is. ) the cannon shots, the recording tell us many other things that helps not only as a cartridge set up or audio system evaluation but a good recording too.

I remember when I started my first posts in Agon: there were several audio subjects that no one " touched " and when one of us touched no one posted about and the ones that did it were against those audio subjects that today all are in agreement.

Dougdeacon, here in México people say: " everything fall down through the time by its own weight ".

Today a gentleman that was a digital hard enemy already accept the today top quality. I told him several times that digital is a top alternative and he said no: he even started a thread where he already learned about.

This is the way is the audio life: a continuous learning road.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.