Telarc 1812 revisited

I've posted several threads about the trackability of this record and have received many scholarly answers, with emphasis on physics, geometry, compliance, weight, angles,price and all sorts of scientific explanations about tonearms, cartridges, VTA, etc, etc. Let's cut to the chase: I have a 1970's Pioneer 540 in the garage I bought for $5 at a thrift store plus an Audio Technica cartridge for which I paid $30 This combo. tracks the Telarc 1812 perfectly without problems while my $4000 Rega and $1200 Project bounce out of the grooves.. I'd really finally like to get some explanation and resolution as to this discrepanccy
boofer
Dear Mapman: ++++ " to track records designed to be an obstacle course does not mean better performance in genera.... " ++++

I posted three times here and in other threads this sentece that you certainly did not read, here again:

" EVERYTHING THE SAME "

Regards and enhjoy the music,
R.
JC, I just bought a Lyra Kleos and along my Helicon/Clavis DC , a Titan i ( from a friend ) and the Akiva one the comparison/evaluation could be " full ".

All those are part of your cartridge designs and you already know that the Akiva is the champion on tracking abilities ( at least my sample. ) even that that is not your main target ( and that comes in a plastic body. ) but it's not only a top tracker but a top quality sound reproducer/performer over other top Lyras. I will see how the Kleos compares against.

R.
The Telarc 1812 is not even a particularly good reading. If it was a tracking test, it doesn't really reflect how good a cartridge can track at higher frequencies.

It's more of a gimmick recording than much else.
Dear Dougdeacon: I don't want to deviate the attention on the main subject but I do this time only to be clear and for there been there no wrong misunderstood:

++++ " .I can detect some kind of " sound " that you can't because you don't know what to look for… False modesty and a forked tongue, all in one sentence – ROFL. " ++++++

to know what to look for ( in any audio subject and especially on hard one. ) you have to be trained by your self. If Jcarr has that training good. What's the problem down there?

For all of us audio is a daily learning proccess. Do you think that an audio item designer put on the market a new and improved item just for money?. A serious designer ( as Jcarr who cares about MUSIC. ) put new products on the market ( as the Atlas cartridge ) because he learned " something " that helps to improve the MUSIC sound reproduction.

Do you think that any single designer knows everything on what they are doing? do you think that they have nothing to learn by it self? yes?: please introduce us that audio item designer?
No one, including you and me, knows everything about everything in audio, period.

Btw, do you read it somewhere that some car tires give you not only better tracking abilities under any condition but at the same time helps to reduce your gasoline consume?, think about, think at micro stage and not macro stage. ( You too Peterayer.)

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear Bpolletti: Iw onder what are yeally you talking about?

Please enlight me why the Telarc 1812 can't tell you about high frequency tracking?

Btw,, the Telarc recording, as I posted, is more that only a bass tracking/torture test. Maybe your system can't honor it.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.