Stringreen, how is the 3D tonearm doing?

I am very curious. I also have the Super Scoutmaster Ref. Rimdrive with 10.5i tonearm and have been thinking of upgrading to the 3D arm. Thanks!
hiendmuse
Thank you Maxh for your informative response. I hear that the 3D comes with SoundSmith's Counter Intuitive device to help setup VTF and azimuth more easily and efficiently. Did you use this? Setup on my 10.5i arm was a very painstaking effort to get it right as it took me several hours to install cartridge and get everything adjusted as perfectly as I could get it. The arm is rock steady when playing with absolutely no wobble. I heard about the press fitting on the counterweight for the 3D arm and having no set screw.
From a previous Stringreen post, I understand that VPI has developed a new counter weight that has an integrated fine VTF adjustment and some other features that makes the 3D arm set up a breeze.

As for the Classic series arms, don't forget that there is a fine VTF adjustment that is accessed by an allen key adjustment at the stub of the tonearm.
Hiendmuse.... there is a new and improved counterweight that is VERY easy to set up your arm. If you are comfortable with the way your arm is now, it is a non-issue, however, anyone getting a new VPI unipivot arm should absolutely request the new counterweight.
The SS CI Device is great for fine tuning once the weight & balance are roughed in. Getting to the roughed in point is difficult. Without the SS CI, set up would be impossible for me.
Is there a fine adjustment tracking weight screw inside the back end of the 3D arm as there is on the 10.5i arm?