Stringreen, how is the 3D tonearm doing?

I am very curious. I also have the Super Scoutmaster Ref. Rimdrive with 10.5i tonearm and have been thinking of upgrading to the 3D arm. Thanks!
hiendmuse
From a previous Stringreen post, I understand that VPI has developed a new counter weight that has an integrated fine VTF adjustment and some other features that makes the 3D arm set up a breeze.

As for the Classic series arms, don't forget that there is a fine VTF adjustment that is accessed by an allen key adjustment at the stub of the tonearm.
Hiendmuse.... there is a new and improved counterweight that is VERY easy to set up your arm. If you are comfortable with the way your arm is now, it is a non-issue, however, anyone getting a new VPI unipivot arm should absolutely request the new counterweight.
The SS CI Device is great for fine tuning once the weight & balance are roughed in. Getting to the roughed in point is difficult. Without the SS CI, set up would be impossible for me.
Is there a fine adjustment tracking weight screw inside the back end of the 3D arm as there is on the 10.5i arm?
Hiendmuse,
I don't see a set screw on the 3D.

Stringgreen,
Do you have the "new" weight for the 3D?
Mine came with the SoundSmith device but was still tough to get right.
How does the "new" counterweight work?
Thanks,
MaxH