Rega RP6 VTA issue

I like the idea of the RP6 package as it seems well designed, but the lack of VTA adjustment bugs me to the point of being a deal killer. Am I alone in this?
wolf_garcia
Wolf, those higher Projects have my wallet itching as well.
I keep an ancient Planar 3 running for the sole reason it has
a greybeard carbon fiber ADC LFT-1 low mass tone arm which was set up to be exactly right for the wonderful ADC XLM-II cart.

If my last OEM XLM stylus dies before I do, I'll have to make a change.
I like my RP6 setup. Non-rega cartridge with no spacers. See my system page. And yes, I do not mess with my setup except maybe the tracking force and antiskate.
FWIW, I have an RP6 with the sumiko blackbird cart. Dealer did the install and haven't had a problem for over a year.
Wolf,

There is a demo PRO-JECT - XTENSION 10 on Audiogon. I have seen and heard this turntable. I think it is a real bargain especially as a demo. No relationship to seller.
I'm absolutely certain that a properly set up RP6 sounds great...but I like to tinker a little and adjust things myself, and shims seem like a weird remedy for VTA if I had the desire for a cart that needed that. I've read why the designer does what he does...but like I said earlier, it bugs me, but I respect the design otherwise.