Rega RP6 VTA issue

I like the idea of the RP6 package as it seems well designed, but the lack of VTA adjustment bugs me to the point of being a deal killer. Am I alone in this?
wolf_garcia
Wolf,

There is a demo PRO-JECT - XTENSION 10 on Audiogon. I have seen and heard this turntable. I think it is a real bargain especially as a demo. No relationship to seller.
I'm absolutely certain that a properly set up RP6 sounds great...but I like to tinker a little and adjust things myself, and shims seem like a weird remedy for VTA if I had the desire for a cart that needed that. I've read why the designer does what he does...but like I said earlier, it bugs me, but I respect the design otherwise.
I agree it's a bit of a Kluge to use spacers for VTA like I've done on my P3 but it does work well. It takes only a few minutes to pull the arm off, put the spacer in, and reinstall. Of course you then need to set alignment etc. up pretty much from scratch. So if someone wanted a new cart for a Rega deck it's not a huge deal, but if you like to cart roll it would be pretty cumbersome.