What kind of power cord comes with expensive gear

I was just pondering power cords today . I started wondering what kind of power cords come with expensive gear . Over A few grand up to cost no object pieces . If they come with run of the mill black rubber shielding cords i can convince myself to never buy an aftermarket power cable again .

Any owners of said equipment or with knowledge on this subject please chime in .
128x128maplegrovemusic
I second what the previous two members said, and add the following:

The best power cord for audiophile purposes will be the best conductor of low frequencies and the best impediment to high frequencies, without restricting dynamics. Stock power cables are not very good in either respect. Indeed, I don't know any stock power cord that features any sort of high frequency rejection or attenuation. High frequency attenuation is important simply because the high frequencies that travel along power cords into your gear are the most invasive of frequencies: they are perhaps the most limiting factor to system performance. So, even if expensive gear comes with a basic power cable, these other reasons exist—independently of whether expensive equipment comes with cheap power cords—to investigate the effectiveness of power cords.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but audiophiles generally accept that the quality of our gear's power supply has a significant impact on the end result of what we hear. For that reason alone, a serious music listener ought investigate the significance of the power cord. After all, as Robert Harley says (and others I'm sure), "from the gear's perspective, the power cord is the first six feet, not the last" (paraphrased). That is just to say that, despite it being at the end of hundreds of miles of electrical wiring, to the gear in question, the power cable is the most important wiring of it all.

Cheers,

Aaron
Powercords... hah hah hah
I agree manufacturers usually ship with a cheap cord.
I use Pangea powercords. cheap enough. but I can hear a difference swapping them around.
So that is fine by me.
Compared to the much of the animal kingdom, human beings have pretty terrible hearing. We have poor powers of echolocation, especially for sounds that come from behind us, we can only hear a relatively narrow bandwith of 20Hz-20kHz, and we’re easily fooled by illusions.But perhaps the most convincing tricks are the ones we play on ourselves. Expectation is one of the most powerful forces in shaping our perception, and it’s the reason that the same wine tastes better if we’re told it costs $90 instead of $10. The same goes for our stereo systems if you show an audiophile an anaconda sized power cord and compare it visualy to an genric cord. Which one do u believe he/she will pick out as being the best sounding? This is why blind testing works best determining if changes made are viable.
Schipo, it's obvious that you despise this hobby, so why do you hang around here?
I despise women's $5000 Coach handbags...guess what? I don't hang around on Coach handbag forums.

You come off as someone who is bitter and jealous that some have more money than you do. That may not be the case, but it is how you are perceived.