Wet Cleaning the Stylus

Wet cleaned the stylus of my Ortofon Cadenza for the first time. Purchased it new two years ago and never considered going beyond using a stylus brush. A friend recommended wet cleaning it and WOW, what a difference it made.
If I wet-clean the stylus on a daily basis can I expect to get the same WOW same reaction. What about cleaning the stylus on hourly basis. How about between side A and B:)
Any recommendations on an effective and safe stylus cleaner.
cinellipro
Listener57.. I am certain even with a none-new stylus the Stylast will be of benefit.
The Stylast both cleans the tip and extends the life of the stylus. The Stylast comes with a carbon fiber brush you can run across (back to front is best) the diamond tip to clean it. I have brushed Stylast on and then used the brush to clean the diamond.
Usually though just wetting the diamond with the bottle brush is all that is needed.
First, some cartridge manufacturers will void their warranty if liquid cleaning is used. Be aware of the provisions of YOUR cartridge's warranty before you do it.

Nandric's post above was spot on with regard to one risk. If a stylus is attached with glue, and if we don't know the composition of said glue, no one can say whether any particular liquid solvent is safe or a disaster in the works. Additionally, the elastomers used in some cartridge suspensions may be weakened by volatile organic compounds present in some liquid cleaners.

Elizabeth's blithe spirit notwithstanding, I'm personally aware of three instances where liquid cleaners apparently weakened the stylus/cantilever bond, leading to a lost stylus.

I disagree with Nandric's final statement that, "In many cases there is no substitute for wet cleaning. Look at your stylus with a magnifying glass to see for yourself." I have, with dozens of cartridges. A stylus that's properly maintained with the Magic Eraser method is as clean as new. Liquid cleaning will not make it any cleaner.

As you've seen, many people use and get good results from the Magic Eraser method I first publicized ten years ago (wow! time flies). I still do.

The "how-to" questions are all addressed in the original post linked by jmcgrogan2 above.

How often to clean? JCarr (Lyra cartridge designer) educated me on this soon after that post. His statement was that, even if an LP is perfectly clean, stray vinyl particles are loosened from the sidewalls with every play. Heat and pressure at the stylus/groove interface can bond these to the stylus. To prevent a gradual buildup that discolors the stylus and (worse) smothers the sound, JCarr recommended cleaning the stylus AFTER EVERY SIDE.

The ME, used as suggested, safely removes/prevents this buildup. I've been using it for 11 years on cartridges that retail up to $10K with nothing but positive results.

I've also rehabilitated a fair number of supposedly "worn out" cartridges sent to me for inspection, simply by cleaning their styli properly. In only one case did the ME fail to remove all the built up gunk. That one was so covered in burnished-on gunk that I resorted to a strip of ultrafine sandpaper, as Linn used to provide with their cartridges. In all other cases, and certainly with regular use, the ME and a brush or goo dip to remove stray particles is all that's required.
Dear Doug,
I re-read your original post, and I was reminded why I've never had the courage to try Magic Eraser. You say many times, "be careful" and the stylus can "snag". That's enough to prevent me from trying it; I am the klutz who will NOT be careful and who WILL snag the stylus with disastrous results. Your method includes actually using the ME in a brushing motion, albeit BTF, as you abbreviate it. However, some other ME users recommend using the ME as a stationary pad set down under the stylus; they then lower the stylus gently on to the pad using the cue-ing device, up and down a few times. This sounds much safer for inattentive persons like me. What do you think of this latter method?
Anyone?

I've been using Stylast #4, it seems all my life. Then the supplied brush, BTF.
"However, some other ME users recommend using the ME as a stationary pad set down under the stylus; they then lower the stylus gently on to the pad using the cue-ing device, up and down a few times. This sounds much safer for inattentive persons like me. What do you think of this latter method?"

I use this method, because it sounded safer. The only thing here is the ME, being so lightweight, tended to lift up when lifting stylus off. To prevent this, I cut horizontal slit in the side, and slid in a quarter. Now it doesn't do this. Please note, my square is like 3/4" thick, so there is a good thickness of ME between quarter and stylus.