Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
03-23-13: Waxwaves
If you want to know what cables can do for your system, simply try different cables at the top of your price range and then trust your ears.... So maybe just use an open mind, several hundred bucks or more, and hours of QUALITY listening time to select your favorite cables!
If, as you and I and most of the rest of us agree, cable performance is system dependent, and if, as many of us agree, cable effects cannot be fully explained or predicted by generally recognized science, and if we truly want to keep an open mind, it would seem logical that equal opportunity and equal focus should be given to ALL price points, from the top of our individual affordability range on down.

For example, the fact that Mogami proved to be nothing special in your system says little or nothing about the results it would provide in other systems. And I can recall more than a few posts in past threads here and elsewhere in which people have expressed surprise about how good the results were after they changed their high priced cabling to vastly less expensive Mogami. Not in every reported case in which that has been tried, but in many and probably most of them.

Earlier in this thread, in my posts dated 3-8-13, 2-23-13, and 2-18-13, I cited several reasons why a high degree of correlation between cable performance and cable price, which is implicit in the opinion expressed in your post, should not be expected.

IMO.

Regards,
-- Al
@ waxwaves,Wow! well said!you dropped the bomb!,if you guys listen to eanybody,understand what he just explained!very,very,awsome!,3-23-13 post by waxwaves!
Jmyc,

I just read my last post. How I worded it sounds a little negative and/or challenging. I didn't mean to give that impression. I'm just interested as to how you came to that conclusion with regard to the Mogamy cables.
@ Lianger,If they are Taralabs $5,000.00 cables,there is no comparision to a $30.00 cable,tast?,a little humor I suppose!,A $5,000.00 Tara cable is a better sounding cable than almost eanything out there at twice the price as this!