Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
These days Audioquest is my favorite brand in cables. Because it has all properties what should be there in a balanced audio set. They only thing what they cannot do; making exeptional good powercables like Purist Audio makes. I tested them, but Purist Audio is superior in every aspect. In 2 weeks I will meet Bill of Audioquest. I will tell him they have to get back tot the drawing table.
@ Bo1972, Audioquest must have came a very long way since I last listened to one of their cables!,I suppose a cable brand could get better over 10 years, thats the last time I gave all their models a spinn!,, cheers!
Audioquest made an exeptional progress in the last 5-6 years. They were fine cables but not exeptional. But these days they deliver stunning cables. With the best blacks and the best 3d touchable image.Wenn I compare them with Kimber, it looks if those people were sleeping.
@ bo1972, Hi, you confirmed that the progress happened in the last few years, just as I suspected!, Thats great!, I would like to go and hear some of the new audioquest cables, just to see how far they came along!, However, I just bought the top of the line Taralabs cobalt a/c power cord today!, retail $5,000.00 for 6ft!, Its said this power cord out performs most power cords at eany price point!, well see!, I just want it to sound good for me!, Thanks Bo1972, cheers my friend!
I prefer and use Purist Audio Design powercables. The powercables of Audioquest are not good enough. As you know I am only interested in the best. BECAUSE GOOD NEVER WIL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rcabl&1362580561