Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Well Taralabs speaker cables do not come in length over 12 feet as far as I can tell. I need about 4-5 meters.
Well, I guess it boils down to trying them in your system and seeing how you like them - as always

Personally I like the d352 in my rig - detailed dynamic, spacious, very focussed no problems with the highs - or lows for that matter.

But I might just pop down to the audio store to see what they have :-)
The cheaper Taralabs were better in dynamics compared to the 352. I owned in the past the best pure silver xlr Vdhul made. It was a good cable, these days you can get a much higher level compared to this. The difference are in timing, sound realism and in backs. I also Judge cable in depth and in wide. Here on Audiogon most people still play with 2-dimensional amps. They see threw total different glasses then I do. I have done maybe a few thousands of tests. Because I do this for over 15 years. I see you use a Naim amp. This is a full flat 2-dimensional amp. I personally could not sell this because it has nothing to do with music and sound in real. I had these discussions with the distributter many times. Instruments and voices have there proportions and also there is depth easy to hear. With Naim focus is quite poor compared to the extreme touchabel image I can create. And there is no depth. Wenn you use a recording with only 3 instruments and there are placed a few metres from eachother in depth. The Naim will place the instruments on one line. I showed this in a demo for the Naim people. They said: you are right. But an amp of 100 dollar does it the same way. Depth is the most thrilling part in highend audio. Wenn it is not there you are out of the competition. Most people who own Naim do have little experience with live recording. I taught many of them what a full 3-dimensional image is. For 95% it was new. That is why I learn people the difference between 2 and 3-dimensional image. All agrred that 3-dimensional sound is superior over 2-dimensional sound. The difference is big as to compare between compromised and uncompromised music.
@ Mordante, Hi, you can call Taralabs direct, the factory, They will make any size cable you desire, A few months ago, I had Taralabs make a fellow member here a 5-meter interconect, that said, I do not believe they will have any problems tring to accomadate you, you can get any size speaker cable you desire or interconnect,,,, cheers.
Bo1972 knows cables real well!, His recomendations are sound!, you are in good hands, cheers.