MAC & VSA Synergy?

I have been interested in trying some Mac gear & was wondering about the synergy between Mac & VSA 4jr's. I listen to rock exclusively. I am looking at the higher powered Mac's that are available in the used market for about $2,000.00
fishwater
I really haven't had a chance to get a good listen to the VSA's, what I did hear I liked the dealer at the time had them hooked up to Mc's and I though they paired well. But as a McIntosh owner I agree with Aball in that Mc' do offer a softer more laid back sound. I am referring to Solid State not tube. I have and still consider selling the Mc's I have to get something new. I listened to the BAT and really liked that sound. I just am fund-poor at the time to make the consideration any stronger. You might look into other amps for your 4 jrs. I do love my mc's but in honesty if I couldn't see them I would probably dial that down to a strong liking.
I was under the impression you didn't have 4jrs yet. Your system page shows Tylers.
Sorry, my system page is very old. I do have the Jr's & love them but don't think a "laid back" sound is what I am after. I guess I may just try the BAT 500, for a large SS amp unless anyone else has any other suggestions.
If you're considering solid state, then I'd suggest Channel Islands Audio D-100 or D-200 mono amps as an alternative.

Finally, if a tube amp in an option, VS has used VAC amplification for years in their demo rooms, and the VAC PHI amps are a great match.
If you want forward sound, BAT will be great. Pass Labs would be another good choice with 4jrs. There are many others - you will just have to experiment and see for yourself. Let us know what you find out. Arthur