Need help with preamp purchase

What I have so far.
cd ayre c5xe
amp h20 S250

Looking for an active preamp with balanced connections. Has to have a remote. I will also concider a passive pre with the above features. The most important thing is that it has to mate well with the h20. Price wise I'm concidering $5000 - $6000. I can go a little above $6000 but not by much. Oh and no tubes at all!!! Come on guys voice your thoughts!!!
chadaudio816
The Rowland Synergy IIi may also be a consideration if you want balanced as well as no tubes. I have heard high praise of the Placette preamps also mentioned above.

I personally use the First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II with my H20 Sig monos, but the First Sound is single ended only and has tubes.

You will not want a passive preamp to mate with the H20's.
kurt_tank
I have looked at the ayre. And have read the latest review from enjoythemusic.com, I think that's it. From the review it sounds like the guy really loved this pre. My only question would be if it would mate well with the h20. I don't have a glue of what the specs mean.

Teajay
The same thing with the Placette dual active line stage, mating with the h20.

Sogood51
I think my top choice would be the fire pre. With the Ayre in second. I'm going to see if I can talk to henry about it. I don't think it's up for sale though since it's not on his site.

As far as tubes, I'm not a big fan ever since I tried a tubed cd player. The cd player dimmed the highs and made the lows sound slow, not in pace with the music, and had no attack at all. The only think that I loved was the mids, tubes are great with voices. I can't remember the name of the player.
Thanks for you responses guys.
The cd player dimmed the highs and made the lows sound slow, not in pace with the music, and had no attack at all.

Boy, you got hold of the wrong tubed CD player, bub. I wish you could come to my house, or to the homes of three audio buddies to hear how tubes will faithfully and accurately reproduce crystalline highs, and tight, fast, punchy bass.

You owe it to yourself to investigate tubed equipment further. You haven't yet heard what they can do.
Tvad and Audiofankj

I might give tubes a try down the road. Tvad I live in Los Angeles,Ca. I will love to give your system a listen, when you have time. Get in touch with me through this tread and let me know.