Should Rotel be ok to drive Totem Forrest?

Hi,
Does anyone use Rotel to drive Totem forrest? I would like to hear what you think about it?

thanks.
hvu
Thanks for response.

I actually have Rotel RC-1070 (pre-am) and RB-1080(amp). So, if replace rotel pre-amp with something else, does the sound signature change? I think rotel pre-amp is the weakest chain in the line.

thanks.
I agree with you. Find a used VTL, Musical Design, or if you want a sleeper brand that is awesome, I have an Encore 2010 for sale in Audiogon that is almost as good as a CAT Signature. I am not self promoting and to prove so there are 2 on Audiogon and you can buy the other one. :-)

I have the same problem with Parasound pre-amps i told you earlier about and Rotel. It is hard to make a solid state pre-amp very good and under $2000 almost imposible. Classe isn't bad though.
Duane, i appreciate your suggestion. Even though i'm not into tube, i will take a look. Is there any other solid state pre-amp you would suggest? How about Krell, plinius, Musical Fidelity, or Bryston?

thanks again.
I think Rotel might be a bit bright for Totem. Totem are almost made for tube.

I've heard them with a 30W/ch tube and they sound great.
Totem Forrest are great speakers. They image like crazy. Have superior bass for their small stature. And, throw a soundstage like nobody's business.

That being said, I like Totem Forrest and have them in my 2nd system. "CELLOROVER" makes a good point... Which Rotel amp are you considering? You could go with a receiver, small amp with separates or the large 380W Stereo Amp.

My system is driven with a Krell Showcase DVD, Audio Refinement Pre, and Marsh A400S amp which is 200W into 8 ohms and nearly 400W into 4 ohms. I'll tell you the bass, detail, dynamics and soundstage is incredible for my 18x20' room.

Totem's are releative ineffecient speakers, so you really need to concentrate on a competently designed amp with sufficient power supply to drive these 4 ohm speakers. You don't want to run out of juice just when you need it most.

I do not have Rotel, however, I would suggest that you would not go wrong with the Rotel 200W stereo amp. If your budget allows for the BIG 380W amp, the sound with that amp will give you fantastic dynamics and not the mention great damping factor for speaker control.

Sorry to run on, but the more information you have, the better decision you can make.

Happy listening