CAT SL-1 MK III vs. First Sound Presence DeLuxe

has anyone compared these two components? Thanks for your comments.
frankpiet
Well I have one of each,as we speak. I find the dynamics similar. I feel the CAT3 a little sweeter in the mids,on into the treble.Oh, that be a good thing,this sweeter.____However I love my remote passive Placette,which doesn't do sweet,at all.__ Or you could call me lazy. In my setup I get more and better bass with the Placette. I should mention my FS is a 1,hotrod delux with cca's.
I think that both are top units along with the Cary slp-98.I haven't owned none yet ,can't afford it at the moment.I am getting by with Magnum 99.One day I will own one of these babes for sure.One guy over at Asylum said that Cary should stop working on pre's as the nailed right on with the SLP-98.I think that speaks volumes.Soryy for side drifting.
George
Charlie101.....Not a fair comment....
On Sbank's defence ,the guy has a proper ad.Check
George

03-01-06: Avguygeorge
Well I have one of each,as we speak. I find the dynamics similar. I feel the CAT3 a little sweeter in the mids,on into the treble.Oh, that be a good thing,this sweeter.
I owned a FS Presence Deluxe II, and I loved its extension, massive image, micro and macro detail, and dynamics. What I missed, and what eventually drove me to sell it, was its lack of sweetness. Sweetness is an important ingredient to making reproduced music sounding real, IMO.