Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
As we've all seen, Joseph has announced the TP2.2 preamplifier and the TD3.1 DAC. After listening to test versions of these products for months, I believe that, once you get a chance to hear them, you will be as delighted with them as I have been.

Joseph has other products in development, including new power cords, interconnects, and amplifiers.

A week ago I received the beta version of the 845 tube power amplifier. The amplifier sounds very good across the spectrum. Transients, nuance, percussion, detail, and a powerful kick drum are present. This amplifier uses various new transformers (power, output, etc), so it is a step up from the capacitor based EL34 power amplifier I previously tested.

The difference from using output transformers rather than coupling capacitors is worth the extra cost, in my opinion. The imaging is more solid and stable, especially at the frequency extremes, with the output transformers. The soundstage is deeper. I notice that my wife (who is not an audiophile but who knows good from bad) is more inclined to sing along with the system, which may indicate that the music is more engaging to her. It is to me.

The 845 amplifier is rated to 25 watts; the EL34 amplifier is rated to 6 watts. The headroom is welcome because it provides the dynamic power needed to reproduce sudden strong instrumental entries - the guitar riff, the drum beat. I've found myself startled by the effective power.

The TP2.0 preamplifier, and its successors, have been so excellent that in some regards they have overshadowed Joseph's other products. Not everyone uses a tube DAC or a phono preamplifier. But everyone will use a power amplifier and, I believe, the amps that I am testing will deliver a musical improvement similar to that of the TP preamplifiers.
I'm in the 845 camp.Having said that I'm just pleased that Joseph continues to move forward with new and innovative products.Enjoy the weekend everyone.
I swapped out the IEC in my 2.1 rnb today and must say that its another step up for better sound and i can see why Joseph chose to use the Furutech gold plated IEC. One thing i did not figure on was the difference in size between the original and the Furutech FI 09. I was using my old file for about an hour and a half to make the hole bigger to fit. Its worth the effort for better sound.

Between the Hifi tuning fuses and the IEC i think the fuses bring more to the table for better sound. I did not get a lot of listening time in yet so i may be jumping the gun. All in all these two items are highly recommended for users of this fine preamp.
I just installed the Hifi-tuning fuse on the power supply board. Already I hear I nice improvement with cleaner delineation of notes. Music just sounds more natural. Excellent for just a $40.00 investment. By the way, I noticed that Victor is selling a like-new 2.2 preamp for someone who lost their job. It is at a bargain price for someone who wants to save almost 50% off retail.
Is the 845 amp a stereo or monoblock configuration? SET, Parallel SET, Push Pull?