Home Entertainment Show in Los Angeles

Has anyone ever been to this event?

I'll try to get some time to check it out this weekend.

[url]http://www.homeentertainment-expo.com/[/url
128x128mitch4t
So why is Dave running ads justifying his price?
He wants to establish his product as a good value, something Honda has done as well as anyone.
You say there is no common ground between Wilson and Honda. I think there is.
Are there any Wilson owners out there who also own a Honda?

And, by the way, Wilson speakers are mass produced, their customers seem to argue that the value is there and Wilson would love to be dealing in Honda size numbers. That's why he employs blanket advertising.
And, by the way, Wilson speakers are mass produced
Huh?

their customers seem to argue that the value is there
What does that have to do with price?
I haven't seen the pricing ad, but the rest of the (excellent) campaign is clearly designed to promote the brand around a few core strengths: design and manufacturing excellence and the quality and dedication of Wilson employees. All of which are basically true and are characteristics of many enduring luxury brands. Again, think Lexus. Lexus customers feel they get excellent value. But a Honda customer may not feel that way about Lexus.
The concept of value may be the least agreed upon, and most misunderstood term in all of marketing. Price is only one element of value. Perceived quality and one's satisfaction (the most nebulous of all) with a product also contributes to value.

I believe it's quite possible that a music loving Honda owner could consider WP8 loudspeakers a terrific value if they added enough positive benefits to the owner's listening experience to outweigh their cost, especially if the owner determined the WP8 would be the last loudspeakers they would ever own.

Of course, if that owner was a true audiophile he/she would flip those babies in less than two years.

:)