Mono Switch?

I have noticed that many hi-end preamps don't have a "mono switch". I remember my old receiver had not only a mono switch, but had left or right channel played through both speakers, and a speaker reverse [L to R; R to L...not a phase inversion switch]

So what's your opinion of the lack of or the inclusion of a mono switch? Extra circuity that degrades the fidelity, or a useful tool for mono recordings as well as a simple way to check for out of phase recordings?
fatparrot
I recently upgraded my preamp.......... Going from an ARC LS25II to an Aesthetix Callisto sig. The sonic upgrade was huge, but I sure missed that mono switch on the ARC. Thank god my phono stage has one because I use it mainly for vinyl playback.

Chris
Separates have become the province of the purist who has no need for such things.
It used to be that functionalists bought these things and demanded convenience features.
My friend used to have a pre that did all that you mention. The L/R inversion switch was most useful for her because her livingroom speakers were on either side of two doorways. The other sides of these doorways lead to the bedroom. Open doors, turn speakers 180 degrees, flip switch, listen to music without yor head imploding.

Oh well.
it's just extra amount of labor that decreases profit.
instead, it's just a matter of spreading some hype about sound degrading.
i have a mono selector switch on my cj premier 3 preamp.
i do not notice any loss in resolution.
One of the main selling points for me on the Thor TA-3000 phono preamp was that it had a mono switch. These things matter and more manufacturers should be aware of that