Choosing the right Bryston amp

Hi all,
Interested in input on which Bryston amplifier would be most appropriate to power a pair of Revel F30 Performa loudspeakers. Is the 3BST enough? Or do I need at least the 4BST to get my money's worth out of the speakers?
Thanks.
skippack
I owned a 4B SST and I ran it with Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III HSE loudspeakers (89db/6 ohm). Even at it's rated 250wpc (or whatever it was...I forget), the 4B SST would clip and shut down when running at relatively high volumes (95db-98db).

Eventually, I bought a 14B SST. The low volume performance was improved due to the better bass in the 14B SST, and the amp never clipped or shut down.
I personally would go for the higher powered amp. From personal experience, I can highly recommend the 4B ST. An excellent amp.
Everyone's recommending the higher powered amp, but I'm not really getting what it's going to give me. Louder? Is that it? I won't have to turn the volume knob as high? What about the tone quality? Forgive my ignorance. Both amps spec the same, except for the wattage. But when I turn up the volume on my current amp, it can get louder than I would care to listen already.
Better dynamics (especially bass response) at lower volumes with the higher powered amps. Sonically, the lower and higher powered Bryston amps are probably very close.

Specs don't mean anything when it comes to how an amplifier recreates music. Some of the lowest distortion, best spec'd amplifiers in the world sound lifeless, cold and unmusical.
I just helped as buddy put in a 4 BST into a rig with Maggie 3.6's (which even for Maggies which are known to suck curent really be power hungry) it was still excellent up "break the lease" volume levels.Since you have and easier load and probaly higher effciency rastings it should be to paraphrase Goldilocks "Poridge that is just right".The 4 BST is rated for 250 but should bench out closer to 290+ per side and unless you are a head banger with a really large room you shouldn't have problem clipping it.Don't get new 4 BSST I don't think tech is worth the price increase new or used.The big leap foward in their technology was when they went form the the B to the B ST models.TH SST does not have enough to reccomend it's price increase though of course dealers and reviews wanting ad revenue will say the newer one is this or that to me it's not worth it to go SST.If you look around for $1200 you should get one for with 10 years left on 20 year waranty (and new ones though transferable i think you have to produce sales slip to get repair the ST series you don't just look at the code and if you have warranty left you good to go just sending it in-another plus for cheaper ST series)Just put in one 4 BST into my freidsn rig with highly revealing Maggie 3.6's replacing mid fi Denons 150 watt'ers that wer bi-amped horiontally and therefore gave out 225 wats total and replaced with the 4 BST which is closerr to 300 wats with way more curent and finally my bvuddy "got it" The Maggies f0or the first ttime sounded like the brand which is the best selling audiophile brand of all time.Our jaws dropped.If one can't afford a $5K and up tube amp for Maggies I was told by sources I trust,contacts I made whilke putting 6 years in as a salesman selliung Mac,Krell, etc etcbut not having Brystons I found out why they are Maggie woners favorite combo if they don't have an Arc 100 wat glass job.With your spekers again which should not produce the load of effciency problems the Maggies have means they should work out jest fine!
Have fun
Chazzbo