Vacuum tubed tone control???

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has manufactured a tubed tone control that could be put in-line between a cd player and preamp? I was hoping to add some musicality by rolling some NOS tubes into it, hopefully without hurting resolution too much.
talon4
FWIW, I recently sold my preamp, amplifer, and loudspeakers. I replaced them with an integrated amplifer and another pair of loudspeakers. All totaled, I pulled $4k out of the system (40% of the total cost).

The new system is more musical than the old system, and I find it to be more satisfying. There is less overall resolution, but I find I enjoy the music more.
I just want a system that will make me do "the church lady dance"--from Saturday Night Live. Stan
hi tvad:

so, less is more ??

watch out, the end end police will arrest you for insufficient resolution.

by the way, are you still using the paradisea dac ?

i almost bought one but i was late.
No, Mrtennis, I'm not using the Paradisea, but I still recommend it. I'm using a Leben CS-600 integrated amp and Castle Howard S2 loudspeakers. You might like the Leben (and the Castle).
I'm all for the idea of an equalizer and I don't mind giving up a little resolution either if it helps to provide musicality and an ultimately satisfying sound. You may want to take a look at the Avalon line of equalizers. Don't see or hear much about them in the audio forums, but I've always lusted after one. They have a tubed one too. Anyone want to chime in on Avalon?

http://www.avalondesign.com/products.html