Vacuum tubed tone control???

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has manufactured a tubed tone control that could be put in-line between a cd player and preamp? I was hoping to add some musicality by rolling some NOS tubes into it, hopefully without hurting resolution too much.
talon4
I just want a system that will make me do "the church lady dance"--from Saturday Night Live. Stan
hi tvad:

so, less is more ??

watch out, the end end police will arrest you for insufficient resolution.

by the way, are you still using the paradisea dac ?

i almost bought one but i was late.
No, Mrtennis, I'm not using the Paradisea, but I still recommend it. I'm using a Leben CS-600 integrated amp and Castle Howard S2 loudspeakers. You might like the Leben (and the Castle).
I'm all for the idea of an equalizer and I don't mind giving up a little resolution either if it helps to provide musicality and an ultimately satisfying sound. You may want to take a look at the Avalon line of equalizers. Don't see or hear much about them in the audio forums, but I've always lusted after one. They have a tubed one too. Anyone want to chime in on Avalon?

http://www.avalondesign.com/products.html
It's taken me this long to figure it out, but McIntosh offers a "high dollar" pre-amp with tone controls! I think it's the C2200, or something like that. According to the reviews, it's pretty good. That having been said, I wonder what it sounds like compared to the usual suspects, ARC, CJ, Cary?

What an innovative idea! A tone control. Who would have thunk it?

(I wish some of our favorite mfrs would wake up and install switchable tone controls in at least some of their lines. Some of us--the ones who are sick of "really accurate" systems on which 30+% of our CDs (including many we would REALLY like to listen to) are unlistenable--would probably pay extra for the privilege of being able to monkey with the sound of those 30% of our CDs, so we can hear them with some modicum of pleasure.)