Shindo and synergistic components

I know many Shindo enthusiasts are in for the whole system - pre/amp/speakers. But for those with just a preamp from Shindo, what amps are you using with it? I'm particularly interested in higher power amplifiers (ie 60wpc +).

Or if there are owners of the Shindo Sinhonias (40wpc I think) - what speakers are you using?

I'm considering their pre amps, but their power amps may be a touch short of the power I'd like to have, so I'm exploring synergistic high power amp matches with the Shindos. The preamps being considered are the Monbrison or the Masseto.

Cheers
hatari
LOL Timothy. I think you'll find Verity owners as being pretty satisfied and building their systems around the speakers... but hey, Shindo seems to have it's own addictive personalities. Too bad you need to fork out min $20k to get shindos to work with the Parsifals.

Cheers
Streetdaddy... I'll email you directly to further discuss my room problems.

Hatari... We're getting back the point I made earlier about the speaker/amp package. The fact that Verity goes to shows with 200 watt solid state mono amps should be an indication of how the speaker is designed and tuned. I'm sure I’m not telling you anything you don't already know, but, you shouldn't criticize Shindo for not offering high powered amps considering the nature of their product line. I personally think Shindo has some nice valued components in their lower and middle range. The catch is, you have to have effecient speakers to use it. It is what it is.

I had my cake and ate it too!

Didn't realize you have Parsifals.

I have Verity Fidelio Encores with a 20W Shindo and it's a wonderful combination. Have you heard Shindo amps with your speakers? If not, you might be pleasantly surprised. The Fidelio’s and a Shindo 10W sounded mighty good too. I have a largish room and needed a wee bit more juice for some music. Also, you may want to correspond with John Quick US Sales for Verity on this subject. I did when I was upgrading amplifiers and he was open minded, honest, very helpful, and quite smitten with Shindo/Verity combinations. Drop Jonathan Halpern a line as well. He know's the Shindo/Verity combination well and can provide insight.

I know the Shinhonia monoblocks are expensive, but they are incredible sounding amps. Some of the best.
Lokie: wasn't meant to be a criticism, just include a "sigh" in front - a statement of fact indeed.

I think Verity showed their product with the pyramids b/c it's new and sounds decent. They still have 50w VPAs in their own listening room (along with Wavac) - all lower "power" options. They showed their Lohengrin with Artemis SETs I believe (15-20wpc?).

Timothy_m: Fidelios are certainly easier to drive, but still good to see 20W doing it for you. I've been spending time with Julien on ideas, tweaks, room placement - a true (and patient) gentleman; and I've certainly been in touch with Jonathan (another gentleman). Now, what pre and amp did you get? What did it replace?

Thanks
Hatari, I went for the Monbrison and Haut-Brion w/Auditorium 23 speaker cables. This combo drives the Fidelios with ease. While my room is "largish" in volume, it is lively. I've been careful to acoustically treat it with the help of ASC without sucking the life out of it. I believe Verity folks tend to like a livelier room versus an over damped one too.

What amp does Jonathan recommended for you? Have you heard your speakers with any of the Shino amps?

If you really need more power, you may want to hear the CJ LP70. Sounds excellent with a Shindo preamp.